At its best, Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday—a chance to reflect and appreciate life. Unfortunately, it is often dedicated to watching football, arguing politics, and consuming vast quantities of food—and, in the process, celebrating the myth of the ‘first thanksgiving’. Try to find time to read these articles — it’s important to be aware as we make the everyday choices that will shape the future for generations to come.
- My Factory-Farmed Thanksgiving Terror
- Thanks Giving | by Shannon Hayes, The Radical Homemaker
- No Thanks: How Thanksgiving Narratives Erase the Genocide of Native Peoples
- Rethinking Thanksgiving
- The Thanksgiving Myth: Reflecting on Land Theft, Betrayal and Genocide
- Nine Native Sites to Visit Instead of [or in addition to] Celebrating Thanksgiving With Turkey
- Thanksgiving Thoughts on the Children of War