We do not plan to offer any team project internships in the summer of 2022. Individual internships may be possible upon request.
Each summer, we offer internships, often focusing on a single issue or project, and students often from different colleges and majors work together. (Some other internships may also be possible on request.)
If necessary, these internships will be offered ‘remotely’, including meetings with people in the community.
General Information for Summer Internships
Deliverables generally will include some or all of the following
- a report, plan, or other document presenting information from exploration & research and/or discussion of implications and recommendations for action and/or work published on the Alliance website and other venues
- presentations to community groups and other groups
- one or more posters that clarify recommendations
Previous summer projects included
- Implementing Bethlehem’s Climate Action Plan, including Climate Change Education & Build Sustainably — for Business Success and a Livable Future 
- Community & Restorative Justice systems ,
- Editing & Publishing (Summer 2020) – preparing for the new Sustainable Lehigh Valley booklet
- Climate Action Planning for the Lehigh Valley ,
- Sustainability Practices for Cafés & Restaurants 
- Sustainability Impact Assessment ,
- Climate & sustainability for schools [2014 & 2016],
- Sustainable Campus Dining Resources .
Skills and Abilities Interns Are Expected to Have / Develop / Improve
- General understanding of project subject matter, including strengths & weaknesses of current systems, and how the subject relates to and contributes to sustainability
- Effective oral communication in professional & community settings
- Effective written communication (reports, website pages, and perhaps some blog posts)
- Ability to identify key points for effective action
- Project planning & management skills
Qualifications: Strong written and oral communication skills; desire to improve policy & education with regard to climate, public health, social justice, and other facets of sustainability; strong attention to detail; ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
updated March 2022