Since 2004, the Alliance has published an annual booklet that includes both a directory of organizations, businesses, and professionals promoting sustainability in the greater Lehigh Valley as well as essays related to sustainability. The annual print edition is now called Sustainable Lehigh Valley. Its directory is available as well online on this website. The essays are also available online in a separate section on the Alliance website. Over the years, we’ve given increased emphasis to these thought-provoking Voices of the Valley essays written by people from throughout the greater Lehigh Valley.
In this section, you can find the following:
- Why a Sustainability Directory
- Current listings for organizations & community groups, plus businesses & organizations that advertise in the print edition, with special listings of:
- Voices of the Valley – essays & articles on sustainability by members of the greater Lehigh Valley community
- Where to pick up a free copy: some of our many pickup locations throughout the Lehigh Valley. Download the current edition of Sustainable Lehigh Valley in PDF format.
- How to get listed in the Directory (online and print editions)
- How to place an ad in the print edition: Advertising Rates
- Contribute and essay or artwork!
- We also provide info about and links to Other Directories you may find helpful.
Acknowledgements – The Alliance is grateful to the Directory Team whose time and talents made the 2018 edition of Sustainable Lehigh Valley possible, including Martin Boksenbaum, Peter Crownfield, Sheila Gallagher, Kayla Harper, Cathy Kimock, Suzie Rosse.
Cover design is by Keri Maxfield, Art Director at Nurture Nature Center. It features a detail of Nurture Nature Center’s “Living Local Mural” by local artist Tom Maxfield. This 5 by 15 foot illustrated mural features over 80 environmental talking points.
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Covers from previous editions: (except as indicated, credit is for the artwork itself)