The Summer 2022 issue is still available! All the written and visual art is available in PDF format and on this website.To conserve resources, we now publish the semi-annual Sustainable Lehigh Valley booklet as a downloadable PDF, in addition to the print edition. (The PDF is formatted so it is similar to what you would see in the print edition.) To request a copy of the print edition, email email@example.com.
“It looks so good! Thank you for letting me be a part of it!”
Since 2004, the Alliance has published a directory of organizations, businesses, and professionals that promote sustainability in the greater Lehigh Valley as well as essays and other work that promotes sustainability. Over the years, we’ve given increased emphasis to these thought-provoking Voices of the Valley by people from throughout the greater Lehigh Valley — in fact, we now include a variety of creative writing and visual art.
We’d like to hear from you — what aspect(s) of sustainability do you think are most interesting, most important, or most urgent! For the spring 2023 edition, please submit work as soon as possible — no later than January 31. (See our submission guidelines for more information.)
Are you a student? Check out our Editing & Publishing internship!
In this section, you can find the following:
- Alphabetic list of Artists & Authors — Contribute your writing or visual art!
- Current listing of organizations & community groups, plus advertisers, with special listings
- Voices of the Valley – essays & other creative work on sustainability by people from the greater Lehigh Valley region — submission guidelines
- Submit your brief sustainability statement (youth)
Note: If you have collected several replies (from a class, team, or other group), you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of filling out multiple forms. (Each individual statement must be identified by name.)
- Where to pick up a free copy: some of our many pickup locations throughout the Lehigh Valley.
- Download the current edition of Sustainable Lehigh Valley in PDF format. (This is formatted so it is similar to what you would see if you were holding the print edition open in your hands.)
- Download previous editions of Sustainable Lehigh Valley in PDF format.
- Check out all the covers, starting in 2004!
- Why a Sustainability Directory?
- How to get listed in the Directory
- How to place an ad in the booklet: Advertising Rates
- We also provide info about and links to Other Directories you may find helpful.
Acknowledgements – The Alliance is grateful to the people whose time and talents made this issue of Sustainable Lehigh Valley possible, including Peter Crownfield, and Editorial Intern Haley Kerridge*.
* Current or former Alliance intern
[updated April 2022]
WDIY is pleased to partner with the Alliance for Sustainable Communities Lehigh Valley presenting Sustainable Lehigh Valley, with its comprehensive directory of Lehigh Valley organizations that promote community sustainability and its Voices of the Valley essays. Complimentary copies are available at locations throughout the Lehigh Valley. For more information email@example.com or online at sustainlv.org.