Because of the coronavirus shutdown, we have again published this issue online, so you can download a PDF formatted so it is similar to what you would see if you were holding a printed booklet in your hands. (A print version will be available in January.)
→ Download the complete issue as a PDF ←
→ Go to Table of Contents and read online ←
Since 2004, the Alliance has published an annual booklet that includes both a directory of organizations, businesses, and professionals promoting sustainability in the greater Lehigh Valley as well as essays related to sustainability.
Over the years, we’ve given increased emphasis to these thought-provoking Voices of the Valley by people from throughout the greater Lehigh Valley — in fact, we now include a variety of creative writing and visual art..
We now place more emphasis on creative work, and we think this will help increase awareness and provide creative visions of what the future will be like — and how that will be shaped by our actions now. See the guidelines for more information on what we’ll be looking for in terms of visual and written work, including essays, journalism, poetry, very short fiction, and other creative forms.
Now called Sustainable Lehigh Valley, the booklet is available as a downloadable PDF and much of the content is available on this website.
In this section, you can find the following:
- Why a Sustainability Directory
- Current listings for organizations & community groups, plus advertisers, with special listings of:
- Voices of the Valley – essays & other creative work on sustainability by members of the greater Lehigh Valley community
- Alphabetic list of Artists & Authors — Contribute your writing or visual art!
- Where to pick up a free copy: some of our many pickup locations throughout the Lehigh Valley.
NOTE: During the coronavirus lockdown, printed copies are available by mail.
- Download the current edition of Sustainable Lehigh Valley in PDF format. (This is formatted so it is similar to what you would see if you were holding the print edition in your hands.)
- How to get listed in the Directory
- How to place an ad in the booklet: Advertising Rates
- We also provide info about and links to Other Directories you may find helpful.
Acknowledgements – The Alliance is grateful to the Team whose time and talents made this issue of Sustainable Lehigh Valley possible, including Maison Allen*, Peter Crownfield, Tara Fitzpatrick, Jessica Levy, Julia Owens*, and Katherine Volpe*.
WDIY is pleased to partner with the Alliance for Sustainable Communities Lehigh Valley presenting Sustainable Lehigh Valley, with its comprehensive directory of Lehigh Valley organizations that promote community sustainability and its Voices of the Valley essays. Complimentary copies are available at locations throughout the Lehigh Valley. For more information email@example.com or online at sustainlv.org.
Covers from previous editions: (except as indicated, credit is for the artwork itself)