To conserve resources (and because so many places are still closed due to the coronavirus), we publish the semi-annual Sustainable Lehigh Valley booklet as a downloadable PDF, formatted so it is similar to what you would see in the print edition (Contact us if you want to get a copy of the printed booklet.).
All the written and visual art is also available on this website, so you can also use the links below to go directly to the Table of Contents.
Since 2004, the Alliance has published an annual booklet that includes both a directory of organizations, businesses, and professionals promoting sustainability in the greater Lehigh Valley as well as essays related to sustainability.
Over the years, we’ve given increased emphasis to these thought-provoking Voices of the Valley by people from throughout the greater Lehigh Valley — in fact, we now include a variety of creative writing and visual art.
“It looks so good! Thank you for letting me be a part of it!”
→ We’d like to include your voice! ←
See submission guidelines for more information on what we are looking for in terms of visual art and written work (including essays, journalism, poetry, short-short or flash fiction, and more!).
Now called Sustainable Lehigh Valley, the booklet is available as a downloadable PDF and much of the content is available on this website.
In this section, you can find the following:
- Why a Sustainability Directory
- Current listings for organizations & community groups, plus advertisers, with special listings of:
- Voices of the Valley – essays & other creative work on sustainability by people from the greater Lehigh Valley region
- Alphabetic list of Artists & Authors — Contribute your writing or visual art!
- Where to pick up a free copy: some of our many pickup locations throughout the Lehigh Valley.
NOTE: During the coronavirus lockdown, printed copies are available by mail.
- Download the current edition of Sustainable Lehigh Valley in PDF format. (This is formatted so it is similar to what you would see if you were holding the print edition in your hands.)
- Download previous editions of Sustainable Lehigh Valley in PDF format.
- How to get listed in the Directory
- How to place an ad in the booklet: Advertising Rates
- We also provide info about and links to Other Directories you may find helpful.
Acknowledgements – The Alliance is grateful to the Team whose time and talents made this issue of Sustainable Lehigh Valley possible, including Peter Crownfield, Tara Fitzpatrick*, and Katherine Volpe*.
* Current or former Alliance intern
WDIY is pleased to partner with the Alliance for Sustainable Communities Lehigh Valley presenting Sustainable Lehigh Valley, with its comprehensive directory of Lehigh Valley organizations that promote community sustainability and its Voices of the Valley essays. Complimentary copies are available at locations throughout the Lehigh Valley. For more information email@example.com or online at sustainlv.org.
Covers from previous editions: (except as indicated, credit is for the artwork itself)