Transportation is a major source of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and a contributor to many health problems—both because of the pollution caused by motor vehicles and because people get less exercise.
- To learn how you can reduce your dependence on the automobile andimprove your health and the health of the community, visit CAT — the Coalition for Appropriate Transportation.
- Read State Representative Bob Freeman’s article on light rail—originally published the April 1981 edition of the New Valley Press, it is still very appropriate today!
- Read Pratima Agrawal’s op-ed on Light Rail for the Lehigh Valley. (Express-Times, April 30 2006)
- Environment & Ecosystems >> Air
- Health >> Environmental Health
- Health >> Local Health Issues