1. ‘Industrial Agriculture: Features and Policy’. Union of Concerned Scientists. 2007.
2. ‘Redefining Healthy Food: An Ecological Health Approach to Food Production, Distribution, and Procurement’; Center for Health Design; 2006.
3. Marie Kulick. ‘Healthy Food, Healthy Hospitals, Healthy Communities: Stories of Healthcare Leaders Bringing Fresher, Healthier Food Choices to their Patients, Staff and Communities’; Institute for Agricultural Trade Policy; 2005.
4 Codi Gauker. ‘The Impacts of Sustainable and Industrial Agriculture on Human Health’. Alliance for Sustainable Communities–Lehigh Valley. 2009.
5 Jay Withgott and Scott Brennan. Essential Environment. 2009.
6 M. Gilchrist, C. Greko, D. Wallinga, G. Beran, D. Riley, & P. Thorne. ‘The potential role of concentrated animal feeding operations in infectious disease epidemics and antibiotic resistance.’ Environmental Health Perspectives. 2007.
7 Leo Horrigan, Robert S. Lawrence, and Polly Walker. ‘How Sustainable Agriculture Can Address the Environmental and Human Health Harms of Industrial Agriculture’. Center for a Liveable Future, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. 2002
8 ‘Menu of Change: Healthy Food in Health Care’. Health Care Without Harm. 2008.
9. ‘Climate Change in Pennsylvania: Impacts and Solutions’. Union of Concerned Scientists. 2008.
10. ‘Cultivating Common Ground’. Prevention Institute. 2004.
11. Virginia Worthington. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. April 2001, 7(2): 161-173.
12. Community Gardening. Brooklyn Botanical Garden. 2008.
13. Kansas State University. ‘Gardening Gives Older Adults Benefits Like Hand Strength and Self Esteem’. Science Daily. 2009.
14. L. Corkery, B. Judd, & S. Thompson. The Role of Community Gardens in Sustaining Healthy Communities. Faculty of the Built Environment. 2007.