Environmental Advisory Councils are established at the local level, as provided by state law, to advise municipal governments on issues such as:
- Identifying environmental problems;
- Identifying environmentally sensitive areas such as flood-prone areas, swamps, and other unique natural areas;
- Making recommendations for the most appropriate use of open land;
- Developing Open Space plans and programs;
- Recommending and assisting in developing projects to protect the environment; and
- Promoting community environmental programs.
For additional information and current contact information, check with your local government or the EAC Network.