There’s not much I can add about the what’s happening in Gaza, except to provide links to two news stories that are very much on point.
Biden’s Backing of Israeli War Crimes Carries on a Sordid US Tradition — President Biden is a strong backer of the genocide and war crimes, transferring even more weaponry and munitions to Israel to assist. From a historical perspective, this is not unusual for the US.
‘Operation Al-Aqsa Flood’ Day 25 — Israel bombs a refugee camp in north Gaza, Israeli soldiers torture and abuse naked, bound Palestinian detainees in the West Bank, Israel’s massive airstrike on the Jabalia refugee camp, and more. [see below]
- Disturbing videos surface across social media showing Israeli forces torture and beat Palestinian detainees as they lay on the ground naked, hands and feet bound
- Israel flattened apartment buildings in a massive airstrike on the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza.
- Israel bombed the third floor of the only cancer hospital in Gaza while 150 patients were receiving medical treatment.
- The Palestine Red Crescent Society says its staff alone has dealt with at least 2,580 cases of deaths and 7,667 injuries in Gaza since October 7.
- The death toll among medical staff in Gaza rose to 124 people and 100 injured. Israeli bombardment has damaged 50 ambulances, causing 25 to go out of service.
- 420 children are being killed or injured every day in Gaza, according to UNICEF.
- Israeli forces blew up the house of Saleh al-Arouri, a senior figure in Hamas politburo, in the occupied West Bank.
- An Israeli military vehicle was targeted by a homemade explosives device as it passed a street in the town of Qabatiya near Jenin.
- Houthi rebels’ drone attack on Eilat deepens the fear of Israel war on Gaza Strip spilling into a regional conflict.
- Palestinian resistance movements deny Israeli reports on Monday evening that forces managed to free a captive soldier from Gaza Strip in a ground operation.
- Following weeks of checkpoint closures and stopped work permits, Israel approved on Monday a decision to allow 8,000 Palestinian workers from the West Bank to enter Israel as the country faces shortage of staff in the hospitality sector.
No matter whom you support, remember that international law defines targeting civilian areas, ethnic cleansing, forced migration, and collective punishment as war crimes. In addition, the attack on Gaza is a textbook example of genocide. (If you think that word is too strong, it means the systematic killing of substantial numbers of people on the basis of ethnicity, religion, political opinion, social status. [or read the UN definition of genocide.]