Help design and publish the next edition of the quarterly journal Left Turn, develop outreach to increase submissions for the Sustainable Lehigh Valley booklet, assist with review of submissions received.
Interns will gain experience in creating and editing a publication, strengthen project management skills, and develop a strong understanding of the elements of sustainability.
We are looking for a student who can take significant responsibility and has a strong interest in sustainable communities. (Academic major is not as important as your interest and ability to undertake a variety of tasks and work effectively; previous interns have come from a wide range of academic disciplines, including Media & Communication, Professional Writing, Economics, Graphic Design, and Art.)
The intern will be involved in some or all of the following activities:
- Communicate with organizations, writers, and artists regarding submissions
- Help select essays, creative writing, and artwork; edit work submitted for publication
- Lay out and copyedit the publication using InDesign professional publishing software* (no experience with InDesign is required)
- Make sure the online and print editions are synchronized
- Assist with related detail tasks
* Subject to change if internship is done remotely.
We may accept more than one intern in this position.
Since all the summer internship areas have significant intersections, interns will be expected to collaborate with other interns and projects.
If necessary, this internship will be offered ‘remotely’, including meetings with people in the community.