Variations on this internship may be available in any term/semester!
Help design and publish the next edition of the Alliance’s Sustainable Lehigh Valley booklet (which now includes more creative content) and assist with publication of the next issue of the quarterly journal Left Turn. In terms when these are not very active, interns will focus on creating material to raise public awareness about sustainability-related topics.
In addition to gaining experience in creating and editing a publication, interns will develop a stronger understanding of the elements of sustainability. [see the Alliance’s goals]
We are looking for a student who can take significant responsibility and who has a strong interest in sustainable communities. Your academic major is not as important as your interest and ability to undertake a variety of tasks and work effectively. (Previous interns have come from a wide range of academic disciplines, including Environmental Studies, Media & Communication, Professional Writing, Economics, Graphic Design, and Art.)
The intern will work as part of a small team to:
- Communicate with writers, and artists regarding submissions
- Help select essays, creative writing, and artwork
- Edit work submitted for publication
- Help lay out the publication on InDesign professional publishing software
- Make sure online and print editions are synchronized
- Identify new organizations for directory section
- Assist with related detail tasks