This is not your typical internship — we are looking for an intern who is ready to help identify barriers to sustainability, and find ways to overcome them by ‘rethinking the system’.
This internship involves research, meeting with a variety of people in the community, and helping to create change.). For examples of the type of output or ‘deliverables’ , see Reports & other work by previous interns.
Note: We are offering one Rethinking the System internship where the student selects one of the following areas of concentration.
- Food – examples: Healthy Food For Healthy Communities, 2023 summer project
- Justice – examples: Community-Based & Restorative Justice Systems, Anti-racist Curriculum Resources
- Education – examples: Climate & Sustainability for Schools, teaching the truth (even if it challenges the status quo). Also see TeachTheTruth.
- Climate & Climate Justice – examples: Climate Action Planning… Implementing Bethlehem’s CAP
(In many cases, there will be some overlap in the focus areas.) Use your cover letter/email to make the case for what you think is most important, most urgent, and/or of greatest interest to you.
If you see another systemic issue that fits with our approach to overcoming barriers to sustainability and the Alliance’s goals, let us know and we’ll consider it! (See Internship Opportunities for examples of previous internships.)
- Current Internship Opportunities
- How to Apply for an Internship
- Internship Structure & Expectations
- Internships with the Alliance
- Previous Interns’ Experiences
- Reports, Posters, and Articles by Interns
- Completed Internships, since 2004