This internship is now available year round!
Help design and publish the next edition of the Alliance’s Sustainable Lehigh Valley booklet (which will include more creative content and less emphasis on directory listings) and assist with publication of the next issue of the quarterly journal Left Turn.
This internship is also offered ‘remotely’, including meetings with people in the community.
In addition to gaining experience in creating and editing a publication, interns will strengthen project-management skills and develop a stronger understanding of the elements of sustainability.
We are looking for a student who can take significant responsibility for this project and who has a strong interest in sustainable communities. Your academic major is not as important as your interest and ability to undertake a variety of tasks and work effectively. (Previous interns have come from a wide range of academic disciplines, including Environmental Studies, Media & Communication, Professional Writing, Economics, Graphic Design, and Art.)
The intern will work as part of a team to:
- Communicate with writers, and artists regarding submissions
- Help select essays, creative writing, and artwork; edit work submitted for publication
- Identify new organizations for directory section
- Maintain schedules and other planning to ensure on-time completion
- Lay out and copyedit the publication using InDesign professional publishing software*
- Make sure online and print editions are synchronized
- Assist with related detail tasks
* Subject to change if internship is done remotely.