This non-credit internship is not tied to the academic semester and is open on a continuous basis.
Help design and publish the next edition of the Alliance’s Sustainable Lehigh Valley booklet (which now includes more creative content) and assist with publication of the next issue of the quarterly journal Left Turn.
Interns gain experience in creating and editing a publication, strengthen project management skills, and develop a strong understanding of the elements of sustainability.
We are looking for a student who can take significant responsibility and who has a strong interest in sustainable communities. Your academic major is not as important as your interest and ability to undertake a variety of tasks and work effectively. (Previous interns have come from a wide range of academic disciplines, including Media & Communication, Professional Writing, Economics, Graphic Design, and Art.)
Depending on when the intern starts, the intern will work as part of a team to:
- Communicate with organizations, writers, and artists regarding submissions
- Help select essays, creative writing, and artwork; edit work submitted for publication
- Maintain schedules and other planning to ensure on-time completion
- Lay out and copyedit the publication using InDesign professional publishing software*
- Make sure the online and print editions are synchronized
- Assist with related detail tasks
* Subject to change if internship is done remotely.
Questions? — contact Peter Crownfield