The increasingly rapid progress of global warming & climate change has created an urgent need for dramatic action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions [GHG] and adapt to the rapidly-changing climate. This will require an end to the pervasive business-as-usual mindset.
Interns will work on a combination of the following tasks and will gain a strong understanding of ways to reduce GHG, develop plans for adaptation, and strengthen their project development and project management skills:
- Research climate action plans by communities and institutions, including colleges & universities.
- Identify a specific community or institution here in the Lehigh Valley that could develop or improve a climate action plan
- Explore ways to increase community awareness of the urgent need for climate action
- Develop a presentation for community & campus audiences to share your insights and raise awareness of the need for action
- Write articles and/or blog posts on various aspects of campus sustainability
[Updated March 2019]
- How to Apply for an Internship
- Internship Structure & Expectations
- Internships with the Alliance
- Previous Interns’ Experiences
- Reports, Posters, and Articles by Interns
- Current Internship Opportunities
- Completed Internships, since 2004