A few possibilities as a starting point for thinking about what kinds of teach-ins, discussions, or presentations you might want to host. Let me know what else you’d like to see added to the list and which ones should be done first:
- Air quality & health in the LV [especially asthma]
- Consensus process [Ken]
- Corporate personhood
- Democratic education – building a learning community
- Fair Trade – does it really matter?
- Food deserts, healthy food for all
- Food for health – sustainable growing v. food from factory farms
- Fracking & natural gas drilling basics
- Global warming and reducing greenhouse gas emissions [GHG]
- Holistic health – overview of different approaches
- Justice – the criminal justice system
- Nonviolence training
- PA community rights network (√ Nov.15)
- Privatization of the commons
- Sustainability in business
- Yoga, Tai Chi, meditation, etc.
Note that these can be by professors, specialists from non-profit organizations, and other knowledgeable individuals—in some cases, college students may be the most effective. I’ll be happy to help find people on any of these or related subjects.