As one of our approaches, the Alliance works with other organizations on key projects. For example, we:
- Initiated events in the Lehigh Valley for the Oct 24, 2009 350.org call for action on climate change.
- Initiated explorations that led to the Lehigh Valley Sustainability Summit and the Lehigh Valley Sustainability Network.
- Joined the St. Luke’s Community Health Department, the Bethlehem Partnership for a Healthy Community, Lehigh University’s Environmental Policy Design program, and Clean Water Action in efforts to reduce Diesel pollution and improve air quality in the Lehigh Valley.
- Worked with staff and students from Lafayette & Lehigh to hold a Lehigh Valley Student Sustainability Summit in 2009.
- Worked with the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund [CELDF] and citizens throughout the Valley to explore ways to protect community rights; this led to the formation in 2011 of the Lehigh Valley Community Rights Network.
- Helped create the Sustainability Commons
(See the Act Locally section for information on current efforts.)
We are working to bring about that needed next level of regional cooperation and interconnectivity, and we’re reaching out to other organizations and individuals to say what they’d like as we work together to build The Road Forward.