Mission: The Alliance is dedicated to working for community sustainability. This will involve wholistic approaches to the environment, social justice, health, participatory democracy, and local economies. We are committed to active, collaborative approaches to achieving long-term positive outcomes.
Vision: We envision a sustainable, regenerative society, based upon enduring wisdom and careful stewardship, a future characterized by a self-healing environment, honorable and ethical behavior, selfdetermination, and secure freedoms for a diverse people.
Goals: To create more equitable and livable communities we will work to:
1. Protect the natural environment on which our communities depend;
2. Protect and extend fundamental rights and opportunities throughout the range of human diversity;
3. Promote broad, meaningful participation in decision making to advance community interests and ensure that communities can assert their needs as a higher priority than the rights and priorities that corporations assert for themselves;
4. Foster strong local economies that provide secure and fulfilling livelihoods, foster enjoyable community life, work in harmony with nature, and strengthen the viability of independent local businesses and farms;
5. Encourage people to consume food that is whole, locally produced, and grown in ways that sustain and rebuild soil, water, wildlife, vegetation, and the lives of all of us;
6. Promote discussion, education, and understanding of ways to maximize the health of individuals and communities.
If you would prefer to mail in your endorsement of the Mission, Vision, and Goals of the Alliance, you can get to a downloadable file by clicking here: Endorsement Form
Otherwise, please fill out the form below.