Interns use research & analysis to rethink the way we do things and raise awareness towards a more sustainable future as they gain hands-on experience developing solutions. Featured projects for 2017–2018:
- Let’s talk about food! – Preparing in finished form, including a website, ideas for teachers to cover food’s important connections to health & climate; develop a system for assessing food sustainability at school. (Fall internships available.)
- Community & Restorative Justice – Exploring ways to make law enforcement & the justice system responsive to community needs.
- Community Planning for Resilience & Sustainability – Exploring ways for communities to become more resilient and develop effective climate action plans.
- Editing & Publishing (Spring 2018) – Assist with publication of the next edition of the Alliance’s annual booklet
- Urban Ecology – Looking at cities from a holistic viewpoint. (Now in development; available next year.)