The Transitions Working Group of the Alliance is committed to bringing the Transition Movement to the Lehigh Valley.
What we need to plan and actualize:
- How to shape our Lehigh Valley Transition Hub into a coordinating center for Transition Initiatives throughout the Lehigh Valley, to provide encouragement and support for Transition Initiatives in local communities – so that each community can “be the change”?
- What visible manifestations should we be working on?
- What site visits should we be putting on a monthly schedule of visits?
- How do we go about generating the “re-thinking” and “re-skilling” needed for the creation of local resilience?
- How do we involve people in their communities as well as the many organizations working on sustainability?
The Transitions Working Group meets second Tuesdays 7-8:30pm @ Morning Star Center to develop plans. But we are also going out into communities and meeting with people in their communities and with other organizations. Contact us for more info.