Beekeeping classes at Rodale Institute
Always wanted to keep bees but just don’t have the space?
Concerned about the chemicals in your honey?
Want to do something to help stop colony collapse disease?
Already have a hive but want to get off the chemicals?
Join the Honeybee Conservancy
at Rodale Institute.
- Get started with non-toxic, sustainable hive management
- Learn natural solutions to common health challenges
- Help design and develop a pollinator habitat
- Celebrate the grand opening of our apiary (and yours!)
- Become a part of the network of stewards preserving the well-being of the honeybee.
Instructor Meme Thomas, Director of Baltimore Honey, is a member of the AFB-American Federation of Beekeepers, EAS-Eastern Apiculture Society, BUMBA Bowie Upper Marlboro Beekeepers Association, and HCBA – Howard County Beekeepers Association. Meme received the Maryland State Beekeepers Association 2010 George Imirie Award for excellence in beekeeping education.
Get the Beginner’s Basics package which includes:
Thomas Hybrid Hive, Italian colony with queen, and tools.
—or join us for just the classes
Learn more about Meme Thomas and her philosophy:
Bringing back the honeybee.
Rodale Institute, 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530