Job & Internship Openings
When we learn of new job and internship openings and scholarships, we’ll post them here.
[Also see Internships with the Alliance.]
educating the next generation of civil rights activists
ACLU is looking for rising high school seniors to join us at Georgetown University this summer, June 19-25. If you know anyone who fits the bill, please encourage them to apply!
The ACLU Summer Advocacy Institute will bring together a diverse group of students from across the country for an intensive 7-day program that includes:
- Learning through hands-on activities what it means to build advocacy strategies that create real, substantive change;
- Visits with Congressional staff on the Hill to discuss legislating the issues of the day;
- Direct engagement with elected officials, lawyers, lobbyists, community activists, journalists, and other experts working to defend civil rights and liberties;
- Opportunities to hear from luminaries such as ACLU Executive Director Anthony Romero, whistleblower and patriot Edward Snowden, immigrant rights champion Cristina Jiménez, and others;
- Grounding in this country’s proud legacy of student activism through workshops with civil rights leaders and the March on Washington Film Festival;
- And more!
For the student who wants to build expertise in advocacy and grassroots activism, debate the issues currently at play in the U.S. courts and political arena, strategize with leaders in the field, and develop strong relationships with fellow student leaders, the ACLU Summer Advocacy Institute is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Students who apply before February 15th, 2016, will have their application fee waived. [Application information]