Current Internship Opportunities
Help Create a Just & Sustainable world!
Rethink the System, Work for Change
Do you want to use your talents, insight, and academic knowledge to help create a better world? Is an Alliance internship right for you?
“The most important thing I did during my internship was to meet people and find out how many factors go into changing the way something is done.… I learned how to find out about things that tend to be hidden, talk to people about things they would rather pretend do not exist, and solve problems that seem overwhelming at first glance.” (JT, Lafayette College)
“Working with the Alliance allowed me to collaborate with individuals who shared my passion for sustainability, as well as voice my own ideas…. a truly rewarding and enjoyable experience…” (LB, Muhlenberg College)
Alliance internships combine research, analysis, and activism to raise both public & professional awareness. If you are interested in one of the possibilities listed below, contact Peter Crownfield as soon as possible. (Before considering specific internships we suggest you read Internship Structure & Expectations.)
The following internships will not be available for spring 2018 except by special arrangement:
We developed many of our internships in response to student requests, so please contact us if you are interested in an internship that’s not listed.
Note that preference may be given at times to special projects and urgent calls for action. (Before you choose, please read the Internships with the Alliance and the Internship Structure & Expectations pages for important information that applies to all internships!)
Following is a list of other recent internships, many of which were developed in response to students’ requests:
- Campus Sustainability
- Clean Air [Public Health]
- Climate Action!
- Climate & Sustainability for Teachers
- Communication & Media
- Community & Restorative Justice
- Community Engagement
- Cooperative Businesses
- Democracy in Action | Act For Change
- Editing & Publishing [spring semester]
- Fair Trade
- Food for Health & Sustainability [Public Health]
- Graphic Design
- Healthy Food for Healthy Communities
- Health Impacts of Synthetic Turf
- Public Health [Food, air quality, water quality, environmental pollution]
- Sustainability in Business
For more information on any of these internships, send an email to internship coordinator Peter Crownfield. It is our intent to offer listed internships in the coming term, but availability may change or a given internship may be filled. Some internships may not be offered at all colleges. Most schools allow you to change courses without penalty during the first week or two of the semester, but we urge you to apply well in advance if possible.
- Internships with the Alliance
- Internship Structure & Expectations
- Previous Interns’ Experiences
- Reports, Posters, and Articles by Interns
- Current Internship Opportunities
- How to Apply for an Internship
- Completed Internships, since 2004
? Send an email to internship coordinator Peter Crownfield
[Updated December 2013]