Current Internship Opportunities
Rethink the System, Work for Change
Sustainability At School!
We are working with the Bethlehem Area School District on a commitment to integrate climate & sustainability into academics & student activities, facilities & operations, and public engagement! This is a new initiative, and the structure is still being developed, so the following is intended to give an outline of possibilities.
If you are interested in any of the possibilities listed below, contact Peter Crownfield as soon as possible.
Fall internships will be for academic credit, replacing a regular course; these internships will require an average of 10–12 hrs/wk, including some independent work. All of these internships require excellent people skills, analytical ability, and both written and oral communications skills.
There are other possibilities, so please contact us if you are interested in an internship in another area (see below).
Following is a list of some additional internship possibilities based on successful recent internships – for more information, send an email to internship coordinator Peter Crownfield. Note that preference may be given at times to special projects and urgent calls for action.
- Campus Sustainability 2.0
- Clean Air [Public Health]
- Climate Action!
- Communications & Media
- Community & Restorative Justice
- Community Engagement
- Cooperative Businesses
- Democracy in Action | Social Entrepreneurship
- Editing & Publishing [spring semester]
- Education for Democracy
- Fair Trade
- Food for Health, and Sustainability [Public Health]
- Graphic Design
- Public Health
- Sustainability in Business
For more information on any of these internships, send an email to internship coordinator Peter Crownfield. It is our intent to offer listed internships in the coming term, but availability may change or a given internship may be filled. Some internships may not be offered at all colleges. Most schools allow you to change courses without penalty during the first week or two of the semester, but we urge you to apply well in advance if possible.
- Internships with the Alliance
- Internship Structure & Expectations
- Previous Interns’ Experiences
- Reports, Posters, and Articles by Interns
- Current Internship Opportunities
- How to Apply for an Internship
- Completed Internships, since 2004
? Send an email to internship coordinator Peter Crownfield
[Updated December 2013]