Current Internship Opportunities
Help Create a Just & Sustainable world!
Rethink the System, Work for Change
Do you want to use your talents, insight, and academic knowledge to help create a better world? Is an Alliance internship right for you? Before considering the specific internships, we suggest you read this brief description.
|Fall 2014 & Spring 2015
If you are interested in one of the possibilities listed below, contact Peter Crownfield as soon as possible.
Other internships are also available (see below) so please contact us if you are interested in an internship in one of these areas.
Internships are for academic credit (replacing a regular course); these internships require an average of 10–12 hrs/wk, including independent work. These internships require excellent people skills, analytical ability, and both written and oral communications skills.
Following is a more complete list of internship possibilities based on successful recent internships – for more information, send an email to internship coordinator Peter Crownfield. Note that preference may be given at times to special projects and urgent calls for action.
- Campus Sustainability 2.0
- Clean Air [Public Health]
- Climate Action!
- Communications & Media
- Community & Restorative Justice
- Community Engagement
- Cooperative Businesses
- Democracy in Action | Social Entrepreneurship
- Editing & Publishing [spring semester]
- Education for Democracy
- Fair Trade
- Food for Health & Sustainability [Public Health]
- Graphic Design
- Public Health
- Sustainability in Business
For more information on any of these internships, send an email to internship coordinator Peter Crownfield. It is our intent to offer listed internships in the coming term, but availability may change or a given internship may be filled. Some internships may not be offered at all colleges. Most schools allow you to change courses without penalty during the first week or two of the semester, but we urge you to apply well in advance if possible.
- Internships with the Alliance
- Internship Structure & Expectations
- Previous Interns’ Experiences
- Reports, Posters, and Articles by Interns
- Current Internship Opportunities
- How to Apply for an Internship
- Completed Internships, since 2004
? Send an email to internship coordinator Peter Crownfield
[Updated December 2013]