The Alliance convenes community dialogues on a variety of subjects that affect sustainability, bringing together organizations and individuals working on different aspects of an issue to promote partnerships and understanding.
In September 2010, we were one of sixteen co-sponsors of a special event, a Lehigh Valley Sustainability Summit. Usually Community Dialogues are open to the public. However, for the September 25, 2010 Summit, attendance was by invitation. We view the Summit as a potentially important step in developing a regional approach to sustainability for the Lehigh Valley. Go to lvsustainabilitysummit.org/ for Results, Next Steps, and an Invitation to Join In.
In general, Alliance Community Dialogues have been part of our efforts to generate collaborative opportunities for transitioning to a sustainable Lehigh Valley. Join in. Contact us at steering@SustainLV.org.
- July ’04 – How Does the Economy Work for Us?
- September ’04 – Good Ways to Get There: Transportation for the Lehigh Valley
- October ’04 – Healthy School Food Forum and Calendar of events that explore or highlight school-food issues
- November ’04 – co-sponsored Local Alternative Media (with the Communication departments of Muhlenberg College and Cedar Crest College);
- December ’04 – films and videos that Oppose or promote war and Globalization
- January ’05 – Study Circles on Racism & Race Relations
- February ’05 – Intentional Community
- March ’05 – Land Use & Community Planning
- April ’05 – Shaping The Future Of School Food!
- May ’05 – Alternative Housing & Healthy Homes
- June ’05 – Land Use Dialogue #2: Workshop on Effecting Change
For more info about Community Dialogues/Alliance Sustainability Meetings: