How We Work
Uniting People and Organizations
We are individuals, organizations, small businesses, and farmers concerned about the welfare of the Greater Lehigh Valley. We have come together as the Alliance for Sustainable Communities – Lehigh Valley, to work on sustaining and enhancing the quality of life in this area. [endorse]
We have developed a broadly inclusive set of interrelated principles in which diverse people and organizations can find their place. We believe that by uniting people and organizations the Alliance enhances the single-issue efforts of individual organizations to gain the effectiveness needed to establish community priorities in the face of powerful opposition.
- The Alliance shares and publicizes information from individuals and organizations that want the exposure, if it is in accord with Alliance values and purposes — hence our Directory, Earth Days Calendar, and online events calendar
- About twice per month, we send a ’Sustainability Doings’ newsletter to subscribers. To receive them directly, sign up for our email list. You can view back issues of Sustainability Doings here. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Alliance carries out Community Dialogues (public meetings) on a wide variety of topics and discusses a broad range of issues on this website.
- The Alliance explores ways for organizations to collaborate with each other and with the Alliance.
- The Alliance endorses, if consensus is reached, projects initiated by others and works on behalf of these projects. [List of actions and projects endorsed by the Alliance]
- Alliance activities are often carried out by independent working groups
On each of these levels, actions may include education, community outreach, partnership-building, and advocacy. Take a look at some of our accomplishments to date. For more information, explore the many facets of sustainability in our Focus On section!
Endorse Our Goals
An Alliance committee prepared a Declaration of Principles, a reference document providing the umbrella of issues and principles under which we can all find our place. Our Endorsement Statement is a distillation of that Declaration, and we invite you to sign it.
- Endorse as an Individual
- Endorse as an Organization or Business
Contact the Alliance: email@example.com