- "Stand Up and Speak Out!" Drone Protest Demonstrat...
Time: 12:00 pm More Info
- Breakfast Forum at UUCLV: "ACES: The Paradigm-Shif...
Time: 9:00 am More Info
- Americas Solidarity Group meeting
Time: 11:00 am More Info
“We face a stark choice: we can destroy the conditions for human life on the planet by clinging to ‘free-market’ fundamentalism, or we can secure our future by bringing commerce within the laws of ecological sustainability and social justice.”
—Vandana Shiva, leading author and activist [ARCHIVE]
Do you have a comment on the content or function of this website? Go to our comments page.
Grant Township Wins Key Motions in Fight
for Civil and Environmental Rights
The township is battling the gas industry in court. The township is defending its right to ban frack injection wells. The industry is seeking to overturn that ban.
Here’s an August 11, 2016 CELDF press release updating the situation.
Grant Township, Indiana County, PA: Grant Township residents fighting for Community Rights recently prevailed on several key motions in court. Corporate lawyers for Pennsylvania General Energy Company (PGE) failed in their motions, which sought to evade discovery and accountability. . . More
“Stand Up and Speak Out!” Protest Demonstration in Horsham
Close the Drone Center Before It Is Activated
Last Saturdays, noon to 2pm
Protest Horsham Drone Command Center
(Outside the Reaper Drone Command Center
at theHorsham Air National Guard Station,
Easton & County Line Roads, Horsham PA)
10:45am: Carpool from Lehigh Valley
(From Hellertown Park & Ride, Silvex Rd
near intersection of Rte 412 & I-78, behind Wendy’s)
Please call LEPOCO at 610-691-8730 to sign up or with questions.
Interns use research & analysis to rethink the way we do things and build a more sustainable future as they gain hands-on experience developing solutions and raising awareness.
- Climate & sustainability in schools – featuring tools to help teachers integrate climate & sustainability topics across the entire curriculum, including a spreadsheet-based calculator to do a school-level GHG-inventory.
- Combined Heat & Power [CHP] (fall) – a team of students is developing a proposal for an energy-efficient system for a local hospital, considering technical, financial, climate, and other factors.
- We are currently developing new internships on Urban Ecology; fair, community-based law-enforcement and criminal justice systems; and sustainable, zero-waste events.
- Healthy Food for Healthy Communities – An ongoing effort to raise awareness of the health & climate impacts of the food system. .
The View From Popular Resistance:
Daily Movement News & Resources
Resistance Report for movement building news, analysis, interviews and editorial commentary.
RESIST: Strategic direct action and civil disobedience such as strikes, sit-ins and occupations can expose injustice, slow down or stop harmful practices and win specific demands.
CREATE: Along with direct action and other forms of resistance, a successful movement must also build new institutions based on solidarity, justice and cooperation.
ORGANIZE: About creating sustainable, democratic organizations that empower its members while also protecting against disruption.
STRATEGIZE: Strategic nonviolence and links to organizations that provide training in nonviolent resistance, effective strategy and creative actions.
From Popular Resistance, 11/15/14:
People Power Can Make the Politically Impossible,
the Politically Inevitable
“The net neutrality rules were thrown out by a court in January 2014. Following that decision, millions of people emailed, petitioned and telephoned the FCC urging net neutrality but the FCC did not seem to be listening. More was needed.” More was done using tactics that included an encampment at the FCC headquarters, interruptions of the FCC hearing, actions that generated so many comments it crashed the FCC’s system, and blocking the driveway at the home of FCC Chair Tom Wheeler. “We know we have not won yet, but we also know we are capable of winning. The battle for the future of the Internet has been engaged and the right solution – reclassification under Title II and putting in place strong net neutrality rules – has gone from being politically impossible to seemingly inevitable.”